[volt-nuts] HP3468A

gbusg gbusg at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 08:02:15 UTC 2011

Neil's suggestion (to check the power supplies) is a good one.

Make sure the +5V, -15V and +15V rails are correct - and use an oscilloscope
to check for excessive ripple.

You didn't mention if you have the rechargable battery option (opt. 001),
but if so, that adds to the number of possible problems.

I definitely would replace the 3 volt lithium cell (BT551) ASAP.

Also make sure that the front panel "Reset" button isn't stuck in the
pushed-in position.

If you're lucky, doing all the above will lead to a cure. If not, then it
sounds like some other fault is still causing the "RESET" line (at U501) to
keep cycling. It doesn't sound like you're getting through the turn-on
self-tests far enough to see possible further error codes (e.g., Calibration
RAM error, or RAM error, or ROM error, or A/D converter error).

Let us know how you come-out on it.

Cheers!
Greg