[volt-nuts] 3458A firmware update

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Dec 1 22:50:53 UTC 2011

Steve,

Thanks for the info on the RAM chips.  I had an order going to DigiKey and
added the chips to that order.  A couple of dollars more but only one
shipping charge.

I forgot to mention that I have REV 8 firmware archived that I got from the
single M27C4002 EPROM in my 'new' 3458A that dates to 1997.  Agilent lists
it as obsolete.  I got a M27C4096 from Jameco (more expensive but quicker
than China), programmed it with the firmware and it worked just fine.

If you would like REV 8, let me know.  I have not looked but it might
already be out there somewhere.

Joe