[volt-nuts] HP 3478A - Value? Quirks? Opinion?

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 01:31:31 UTC 2011

The HP 3478A is a very good multimeter. Mine had not been calibrated in 5 years when I sent it to the cal lab earlier this year and it passed everything with flying colors.

Only drawback: the display has poor contrast. I wish there were an effective backlighting.

It is my most used bench meter, at home and at work, even though I really like the HP3456A too.

Didier KO4BB