[volt-nuts] 3478A - Kelvin Klips

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Jan 3 22:09:24 UTC 2011

Hi John:

A lot depends on how low.  I did a lot of testing using the 34401A DMM
in 4-wire mode and determined that the DC method is not accurate below
50 milliohms because of voltage generation.  This testing was done using
the HP 11059A Kelvin lead set.
http://www.prc68.com/I/Kelvin.shtml
Links to Kelvin clips and part numbers at the bottom of the above page.

For 100 milliohms and lower you need to use an AC method, like the 4328A
http://www.prc68.com/I/HP4328A.shtml

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com