[volt-nuts] Resistance standard

Charles Black cblack at centurytel.net
Sat Jul 23 17:14:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

The traditional oil for standard resistors and oil baths is Mineral Oil.
The cheapest source of Mineral Oil USP  for small quantities is out
local grocery store at about $5.50 per pint. It is a highly purified
paraffin oil. If you need a large quantity then check out Exxon Marcol
72 which is available for about $12 per liter from Measurements
International. I am trying to find a much better price since I could
potentially use 157 liters if I am able to get a used bath that I know of.

Charlie