[volt-nuts] 3458A - To Modify or Not To Modify?

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 16:22:29 UTC 2011

I think the main issue with sockets is long term reliability. The 5370 is a good example. Both units I have suffered from bad socket syndrome, even though it took a crowbar to pull the chips out. Contact pressure was not lacking, but corrosion set in anyway. After replacing the cheap (and old) original sockets with new sockets with machined contacts, problems went away. A painstaking job, but well worth it.

Didier KO4BB

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...