[volt-nuts] Review: Vishay Z foil resistors as Secondary Ohm Standards

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Mon Nov 21 19:41:20 UTC 2011

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:

> In message <87hb1xbzhm.fsf at devereux.me.uk>, John Devereux writes:
>
>>Are the VAR type "naked" z-foils good for anything?
>
> They are undoubtedly very profitable, but I'll bet you a beer that
> nobody relibly can hear the difference in a competent double-blind
> test.
>
> http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~boyk/sdttest.htm

Hi,

I know *that* :)

I was wondering if they were good for anything of volt-nut interest!

Specifically the hermetic sealing idea. I thought since they are not
encapsulated they might be free of humidity induced strain or some such.

Since then Frank posted the price which was less than I expected. Pity
about the tempco though. I guess they could be temperature stabilised?

Thanks,

--

John Devereux