[volt-nuts] Best Vref part ?

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Sat Oct 1 20:54:46 UTC 2011

>I want it for two reaons, just make several for fun as experiment and
>indeed the best one as a ADC reference. Ok thanks, I will look if the sell
>the LT1027 too. But it is not heated, is a LM399 the only heated Vref ?
>Because for a LT1027 i have to make an oven.
>
> Fred PA4TIM

Hello Fred,

you are right: the LT1027 is not heated, so you will need some
TC/temperature compensation.

The only heated references that I know are
- LM399 (used in most of the serious 6,5 Digit multimeters)
- LTZ1000A (used in some 8,5 Digit multimeters)
and the LT1019. But other guys have reported that the heater current
on the LT1019 will shift the output voltage by about 1 mV so its not really
usable.
In the newer datasheets the heater is no longer specified.

With best regards

Andreas