[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081, etc.

Dick Moore richiem at hughes.net
Sat Sep 3 04:57:59 UTC 2011

Hi Joe -- get the 7081 calibrated -- it's (in my opinion) a (much) better instrument than the 3457 and will give you good transfer results for all kinds of measurements.

If you can also get the black 731B cal'd do that too, just because it is so stable.

My experiences with Fluke 332 (same as 335 without the built-in diff. meter) has not been so happy -- I've had a B and a D and found they will hold the cardinal point pretty well, but the various divider errors move all over the place. Likewise, I've not been too happy with the 3457s I've owned as far as linearity is concerned either. Back when I had a Fluke 5440B and my 3458, I learned that the 5440 was extremely good and so was the 3458 -- they agreed about everything. The 3457 -- not so much. Again, like the 335, they held a cardinal point mostly OK, but linearity was not as good -- all in spec, mind you, but....

Best,
Dick Moore