[volt-nuts] Sub PPM 10V transfer standard

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Sun Sep 4 19:44:11 UTC 2011

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:

> In message <871uvwp2xa.fsf at devereux.me.uk>, John Devereux writes:
>
>>Even if it were 1ppm instead 0.1ppm I think this is still an order of
>>magnitude better than the homebrew ideas discussed so far (if
>>achievable).
>
> The problem is, to be sure you need to build at least three :-)
>
> If somebody were to do a group-buy/kit of something like this,
> I would buy a handful...

Well I've already ordered some zeners :)

Need a lot more experience/tinkering though. But perhaps some
"gold-plated" parts would do instead.

I'm thinking something like Vishay VAR or Z201 series resistors instead
of all the wirewounds, about 10 or 15 UKP each in singles, would need 3
or 4 I think.

The OP07 is looking a bit long in the tooth, there are more modern parts
or one could consider a chopper amp.

But I do like the idea of seeing what can be done with low cost parts
too.

--

John Devereux