[volt-nuts] traceable calibration

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Wed Sep 7 16:31:39 UTC 2011

> Before we "disect" some of the questions of your current post, can you
> tell
> us if the German cal lab's standard was a Fluke 5520A or 5720A or 5720A
> Series II? (Your post mentions both 5520A and 5720A.)
>
> Based on the Fluke specs you mentioned, I'm guessing it is a 5720A?

Yes it was a Fluke 5720A calibrator. (sorry for the typo).
I cannot tell if it was a Series II or not.
(Series II is _not_ mentioned on the calibration sheet)
The serial number is beginning with 954.. if this helps.

So the specs I got from the Fluke homepage. I did not find
calibrator specs for the non Series II device.
I hope that this does not make a too big difference.
Do you have the standard 5720A specs?

> To evaluate the 5700A/5720A Series II coverage of your calibration
> workload,
> use the Absolute Uncertainty specifications.

Sounds good to me.

With best regards

Andreas