[volt-nuts] Writing meter

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 14:41:07 UTC 2011

Fred

I can only guess why you would want a mechanical Writing meter.
Have you ruled out a simple 8 Plus bit ADC data logger connected to a PC
such as a 10 BIT DATAQ which are/were? $25 new?
Or if your application needs 16 bit resolution which is not likely due to
the limitations of the 845, then a $5 sound card, modified for DC.

ws

*******************
[volt-nuts] Writing meter
Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com

I want to buy a writing voltmeter to connect to my 845 so I can monitor the
deviation between a Vref i made and a fluke calibrator.

I can buy a philips PM 8252 or a BBC Goerz Servogor 120.
The BBC is including new pens and a few rolls of paper in mind condition and
125 euro.  The philips is in unknown condition but 65 euro.
But these things are new for me. A friend told me some are for process
monitoring and have terrible slow slewrates. He thinks the philips is a lab
instrument, the bbc he does not know.

Fred