[volt-nuts] HP 3456A Setup

Marvin E. Gozum marvin.gozum at jefferson.edu
Sun Sep 11 21:40:18 UTC 2011

The statistical functions work well to enhance less accurate PLC
without having to endure slower reading speeds; the more samples you
obtain the more the true value regresses to the mean and correct per
measurement variations. Empirically I find that the stat functions
give readings very close to the best PLC but avoids the slower update rates.

Variance is very helpful once converted to standard deviation to
determine the most reliable LSD and the spread of the measurements
obtained [ sq. root of variance = standard deviation.]