[volt-nuts] 3458A Questions

Artekmedia henderson47 at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:06:45 UTC 2011

Joe

The 3458A is still under support by Agilent ...you imply below that you
might consider returning a later unit to them for upgrade ( and or
calibration) . If your seeking to make a significant investment in a
unit because you REALLY NEED all those zero's to the right of the
decimal point I would  contact them and get pricing on the cost of
having the option 002 added and also the cost of a full calibration.
These wont be cheap but at least you will have the $$$$ amount in the
back of your mind so you when you go to purchase a used unit and you can
add these costs to the "total cost of ownership" in making your
decision. While your on the phone be sure and ask them how much longer
they intend to support the 3458A seems like it has been in production
for 15 or 20 years so could be nearing the end of life?

I would also ask this  question to ask over on the Hp_Agilent _Equipment
group on yahoo. I don't recall in recent history seeing any discussion
one way or the other over there about the 3458A which is actually a good
sign as I would infer that the 3458A has very few "warts"

Dave
NR1DX