[volt-nuts] Serious problems fluke 731A, 720 and solartron

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Sep 25 16:31:27 UTC 2011

Fred,

I have recently acquired a Solartron 7081 and have had a lot of fun getting
to know the meter.  In an effort to get it 'calibrated', I chased down the
US branch of AMETEK, the company that now apparently owns Solartron.  I
shipped my meter to them yesterday and they will ship it to England for
calibration, repair and alignment, as needed.  The 7081 ceased production in
1998 and full support ended in 2008 but it is still supported, 'best
endeavours'.

When I was on the phone with them this AM to give them my credit card
information, I asked if they still supported the 7061, remembering this
thread.  She said the 7061 is still on the list of supported equipment.  So,
worst case scenario, you could contact AMETEK and see what options might
exist for your 7061.

Joe