[volt-nuts] 7071 stability question

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:25:59 UTC 2012

I don't think it's really the short term zero stability you need to be concerned with (though that's important too).  I think it's the long term stability of the zener and how predictably it behaves with temperature.   I agree that by now it is likely that the zener has improved beyond its original behaviour, but remember that in theory at least the 7071s got the "reject" zeners that weren't up to scratch for use in the 7081.

Of course if there weren't enough orders for 7081s that week, it is quite possible that "good" zeners ended up in 7071s!

PS If anyone has an unrepairable 7061/7071/7081 with a working display, I'm still looking for one.

Dave