[volt-nuts] 7081 connector part number Q

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Apr 19 03:18:13 UTC 2012

Fabio Eboli wrote:

>> I think it is quite likely, the specified parts are made with a PEEK insulator.I
>> remember having a teflon part machined for the company I was working for and the
>> subcontractor used an inappropriate cutting fluid so the teflon was badly
>> conductive. a week in the ultrasonic bath with HPLC grade 99.999% IPA didnt cure
>> them, they had to be scrapped.
>>>
>>> Fabio.

99.9% IPA doesn't do much good as a solvent for water soluble compounds,
and I would imagine the conductive cutting fluid was water based (as are
most cutting fluids these days), so a soak in some detergent/water mixture
would probably have fixed the problem... but I guess we will never know.

-Chuck Harris