[volt-nuts] Good powersupply: HP6626A

Marvin E. Gozum marvin.gozum at jefferson.edu
Wed Apr 25 16:23:54 UTC 2012

Put another way, that would make it $100 for each independent supply,
that's a very good price in line with the high end estimate of each
Power Designs, plus the added features of the HP.

A key would be truly in what shape the supply is in and how much life
is left.  Which leads to how self serviceable it can be, planning
worse case.  At $400, and if new $18k, I estimate a factory service
would be close to at least purchase cost.  The Power Designs lack the
conveniences, but the basic specs are competitive while being easier
to self service.  Buying several single units would spread the risk
of uncertain performance and longevity over many units.

At 11:54 AM 4/25/2012, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>In message <6.2.5.6.2.20120425112335.046d4638 at jefferson.edu>,
>"Marvin E. Gozum" writes:
>
> >If its tested and working, For $400 each, its a steal for a precision
> >programmable supply.
>
>... which has four independent & floating outputs with remote sensing.
>
>Yes, there is a lot in that box.

Sincerely,

Marv Gozum
Philadelphia, PA