[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 NVM FAIL (David C. Partridge)

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 11:16:47 UTC 2012

Judging by the dates on the ICs, my serial number 185 meter was built sometime in 1983.

Further on the topic of zener current tokens.  On my good 7081 there's a small label in the rear RHS corner of the lower floating board (board 5 with the zener on).  This label reads:

 SRL016      072
 24K   82K

The meter's zener value is 072.

The 7071 has a similar label which reads:

 110/113/11  085

but I can't check its zener token value as the meter is in pieces (borrowed the VFD and earthy boards to work on the bad 7081).

The 7081 with the bad ER-3400 NVM (does anyone have some of these?) has a label that reads:

 5T/284/40   103

(Not sure about the 5T there - it's a bit smudged)

Please could I ask other 7081 and 7071 owners if they would check this label in their meters, compare against the actual zener current token, and report back?  If you don't know this you can get it by issuing "CALIBRATE,DUMP" over the serial or GPIB ports.

D.