[volt-nuts] 845A

Richard Moore richiem at hughes.net
Fri Feb 3 01:45:23 UTC 2012

My first guess would be that the zero pot is dirty, with intermittent
contact. Try spritzing it with a cleaner -- I use LPS1 and it works
great on my old Fluke gear. Some pots are sealed like the old AB pots
ude in Tek and Fluke and HP stuff -- I just drill a small hole through
the back and use the sprizer nozzle to get the cleaner in -- works wonders.

Also, when i redid my 845, I found that even though the electrolytics
checked OK, they still needed to be replaced with verifiably low ESR units.

Dick Moore