[volt-nuts] Solartron 7061 help request (eeprom?)

fabioeb at quipo.it fabioeb at quipo.it
Mon Feb 27 21:13:30 UTC 2012

Fred  the battery should be charged by a 470ohm resistor R501
from 5V so short circuit current should be only 10mA.
This evening i took some temperature values,
they are taken in few minutes with a TC so the values
can be wrong by some 1-2 degrees relative.
The solartron was powered from more than 24 hours,
- ambient temperature 8°C
- for internal air the thermocouple was put in the air near the transformer,
the cover was put on and left there for some hours
- Internal air 33°C
- the following taken after opening the top cover in few minutes
- top of transformer 50°C
- D501 80°C
- tinned can 38°C measured on the left screw
- following the regulators mounted with heatsink
- IC503 49°C
- IC502 42°C
- IC504 38°C
- IC501 38°C

So it really runs a little hot, the cold air was misleading
for me, in particular the tranformer and bridge rectifier are
hot.

Fabio.