[volt-nuts] J511 current regulator diode (FET) temperature coefficient

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 09:52:59 UTC 2012

Yes the TC of these devices is awful.

I need to check against other meters, but I'm fairly sure this will turn out to be a "feechur" of the circuit design.

So I'm thinking in terms of replacing this with something better, but what?  I'd rather not (being lazy) try to design a good zero TC bipolar 4.7mA current source for this.

Do you have suggestions - ideally with a low part count - the LT3092 looks attractive, but the distributors don't seem to stock them, while the LM334 needs an extra diode and resistor.

Thanks
Dave