[volt-nuts] Help with 7081 AC buffer circuit

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 18:01:49 UTC 2012

Changing the potentiometer was indeed the solution - thanks to Ed and to John (whose post never made it here, though I found it on the site).

The DC level at TP705 is now relatively stable and close to 0uV (jumping around a bit but typically well less than 100uV).

Now that I get a stable reading near 0uV here, I see another problem :(

If I then switch from the VAC to the VAC plus VDC setting, the DC output level at TP705 jumps positive by about 600uV, which results in a difference in reading of around 60uV which I don't believe should happen.   Strangely, if I leave the input open circuit, I can switch between VAC and VAC+VDC modes without this shift occurring.

I re-wired the circuitry around the relays using PTFE feed-through insulators and direct point to point wiring to eliminate leakage problems between the relay power lines (-10V, -15V) and the signals before I baked the PCB.

Regards,
David Partridge