[volt-nuts] Wanted wirewound precision resistors and ESI DB877 help

Frank Stellmach frank.stellmach at freenet.de
Tue Jun 19 06:57:22 UTC 2012

Hello.

The low ohm ww resistors can be orderes from:
http://www.rhopointcomponents.com/   - Resistors - Precision Through
hole. Series 8E16 and 8G16 are 0.1 and 0.01%, TC3, low long term drift.
Perhaps rhopoint also has a shop in italy. Delivery directly from UK was
OK, but I had to pay additional taxes, afair.

2MOhm is difficult and very expensive to realize in wirewound
technology, as wire has to be very long.

100µA give 20mW only, so they obviously have some internal problem,
perhaps from humidity and/or age.
Or the High Voltage (200V) has killed them, local short circuit and kind
of "hotspot", due to deteriorated isolation.

The distributor has other low TC technologies, perhaps the long term
drift is ok.

But your unit has obviously some other severe problems due to age or
environmental abuse.
I'd check all other resistors before investing any Cent.

Frank