[volt-nuts] 7061 On Board Clock and Battery

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Tue Jun 26 03:06:32 UTC 2012

Major caveats:

#1) - Can't get the flickr image to show (marginal internet -- rainfade)
#2) - I am not familiar with the unit in question

That being said, if the jumpers are near the EPROM, they might be used to
set different versions of software.

I used to work with embedded systems with different and concurrent hardware
versions and it was easier to have a single 64KB EPROM and run four
different versions of a 16KB app. By jumpering the high bits of the address
line, you could have the first version live in the 0-16KB block, the second
version live in the 16KB-32KB block, etc.

Kept parts count down and made updates simple.  This may be the case here
but your mileage may vary...

Dave