[volt-nuts] HP 34401A AC calibration error.

John Phillips john.phillips0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:46:38 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have been getting error 706 whenever I calibrate ACI.
706 read: Cal value out of range
The specified calibration value (CALibration:VALue) is invalid for the
present function and range.
Calibration requires setting the function before entering calibration.
Menu F: 2:calibrate  and the meter responds with 1.000,000 AAC.
Supposedly you are to apply 1 amp ant 1000 hz and press enter.
No matter what values I use or even change the 1.000 to some other value I
always get error 706 and the scale factor does not change.
Is there a way to calibrate the AC current without changing the shunt
resistor.
The shunt resister is 0.1 ohms at 1% yet the meter is to deliver 0.1% ACI.
Any ideas?

--
John Phillips