[volt-nuts] AC volt-nuttery...

Rob Klein rob.klein at smalldesign.nl
Tue May 8 20:18:37 UTC 2012

Op 8-5-2012 21:32, Poul-Henning Kamp schreef:
> For reasons which you would probably recognize, I ended up buying
> a Dekatran DT72A because it was simply too cheap to let go.
Ah, yes, we've all been there I guess :-)
> That is a pretty amazing instrument.
That, IMNSHO, applies to almost *all* esi / Tegam products.
> I find somewhat ironic that my HP3458A can measure DC into tenths
> of PPM, while I have nothing in my lab that can reliably produce
> that, whereas it can only measure AC to tens of PPM, while I now
> have a fully passive box which can generate it down to tenths of
> PPM.
Uhm, not to burst your bubble, Poul-Henning, but your box, amazing as it
is, cannot actually
generate anything. What you've bought is the AC equivalent of a Fluke
720, not a 5440.

> So is volt-nuts DC only, or are anybody playing with AC also ?
Ah ... I've got a Fluke 5200A and two 540 transfer standards that I
still need to overhaul. Alas,
so much to do and so little time.

Rob.