[volt-nuts] Fluke 343 arrived, what would you do?

Fabio Eboli fabioeb at quipo.it
Thu May 10 16:56:14 UTC 2012

Hello, today I got a fluke 343a, I talked about
it on this list last month.
It's a little dirty, and has some problems
in the 1000V range:
when I put it on the 1oooV and the selectors
are at 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 the unit starts well,
but when I select lower voltages the units
goes in current limitation at 500V descending,
and at 480 raising from lower values.
At values <480V and >200 the unit goes well,
and the problem is worse at voltages <=200V,
where the protection trips and disconnects
the output.

Does anybody have experience with these calibrators?
Any clue will be appreciated.

Fortunately the ranges I need for the 7061 work well,
the 343 precedent owner measured the values with
it's meter an reported the readings.
I've measured these values with a keithley that
I bought recently, the instruments are powered
from 5-6 hours and the temperature is a little
less than 20°C.
The difference seem of less than 20ppm at 100 and 1000V, and
less than 10ppm at 10V and less, the keythley was
calibrated back in 2004.

Here a photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14336723@N08/7170879284/lightbox/

Fabio.