[volt-nuts] Fluke 343A

Dick richiem5683 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:54:23 UTC 2012

Hi Fabio -- nice work on the LEDs -- easy when the original Fluke posts/lenses are still there from the old lamps. My second 343 only had one of the orig. posts in place, so i removed it and used black plastic LED panel mounts for the replacement LEDs.

I went ahead and opened up my LED-version 343 and it has 2.2k 1W resistors for R180 and R181, which are the limiters for the range lights and the ON light -- this runs them at around 12mA. These 4 are supplied from a 28VDC supply. Overkill wattage on the resistors, I think. The LEDs in the previously modded second unit are sufficiently bright at 5mA -- I think 10mA or more is too bright -- just want a clear indication in normal room lighting (my lighting is fluorescent).

Dick Moore