[volt-nuts] 731A output impedance

Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 00:12:19 UTC 2012

You can add an voltage follower. Made one using a LT1052 and LT1010 ( if i have the number right, a power opamp) the design is from Williams, he uses it in is his sub 1ppm reference.
I use it to buffer the 731A, that is less stable as my home made LM399, that is getting more stable every week.
I monitor rH% and temp and as temp goes down and rH% goes up I get the biggest jumps  ( around 40-50 uV) if is to soon to be sure but it looks like rH% has a bigger influence as temperature. The monitoring Solartron 7061 is modified to be kept at 39 degrees by cooling it from the outside and measuring temp inside. ( http://www.pa4tim.nl/?p=2456 ) see picture doen the page ( temp is not yet at 39 degrees there) the fan allways blows, it just goes faster when hot and slower when cold so I do not get temp jumps ( bang-bang regulation like Williams called it)

Fred PA4TIM

Op 27 nov. 2012 om 00:27 heeft Bob Smither <smither at c-c-i.com> het volgende geschreven: