[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Thu Oct 18 02:47:37 UTC 2012

I have added more plots of the data taken by our fourth volunteer - so far over
a 3 week period.  The plots are posted here:

  http://c-c-i.com/ts

Somewhat unexpected, at least by me, was the drift observed the first week and a
half.  The two references (LM199A and MAX6350A) both drifted down several PPM.

The TS1 has been powered on for several thousands of hours - between being in my
lab and in the labs of other volunteers.  It was on 24/7 for almost 2 months
here before being shipped to the fourth volunteer.

The TS1 is shipped un-powered.

There is a large humidity difference between my location (high humidity gulf
coast of Texas) and the location of the volunteer (high altitude, low humidity).

There is also a significant pressure difference between the two labs.

The LM199A is hermetically sealed.

Although a small sample, the two references appear to be similarly affected by
whatever caused the drift - similar range of drift, similar time constant.

Details (schematic, etc.) about the TS are available at the above link.

Any ideas about what could cause the drift we are seeing?

Thanks!

--
Bob Smither                                             smither at c-c-i.com
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a