[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Sat Oct 20 07:43:14 UTC 2012

Hello Bob,

yes you are right. The absolute ageing drift gets lower the more working
hours are on the reference.

But the ageing rate is only a statistically value (averaged over a large
quantity of individual references)
And: the environmental condititons have to be constant during the ageing.
Each mechanical stress (eg due to soldering) to the package may issue a new
level of ageing.

For well aged plastic references the ageing effects may be invisible against
humidity drift.
See also:
http://cds.linear.com/docs/Design%20Note/dn229f.pdf

At the moment I am doing some longterm drift measurements on some