[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Sat Oct 20 21:57:19 UTC 2012

Hello Fred,

When looking at the cirquit of your reference the OP-Amps may be a source of
common mode error too.
With my LTZ1000 Reference I tested each Pin of each semiconductor with a
metallic
 needle (held with my hand) if it is sensitive to common mode effects.
The resulting cirquit diagram is in the archive from 6. November 2010.

Usually Im cleaning the PCB after soldering with denatured alcohol
to remove the dirt which might cause leakage currents.

And finally: I would never put trimmers with several hundreds of ppm/degree
tempco
within the direct signal path.
If you look at the internal cirquit of a precision reference the external
trimpot is
always used as voltage divider where the tempco cancels nearly out.
The wiper of the trimmer is fed over a reference internal series resistor to
a voltage divider.
The series resistor and the voltage divider on the chip have again equal
tempco which cancels out.
So the trimming of the output voltage has only little influence on the
tempco of the output.

With best regards

Andreas