[volt-nuts] Fluke 731A Transfer Standard and Fluke Wire WoundResistors

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Sep 16 21:54:46 UTC 2012

Pete,

Thanks for the reply.

I was just looking at the properties of the wire.  I guess I don't
understand the 'resistivity' of 43-48 uOhmcm for the wire that is about the
same size as what the resistor is made of.  Also, it is quite expensive,
about $300 per 100 feet.

It lists a tempco of .00001 per K.

As best I can tell, the 5903 ohm resistor is about 15.5 mm long, on a 1 inch
flat form about 1 mm thick (about 2 inches per turn) and about 14 turns per
mm as best I can tell.  I measured the wire at .05 mm thickness.  That would
put it at about 217 turns, 434 inches, and about 13.6 ohms per inch.  My
original calculation appears to be wrong.

So, how to proceed?

Joe