[volt-nuts] Rotek 320 AC/DC Calibrator

R.Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 6 10:24:13 EDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Marv @ Home
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:49 PM
To: jfor at quikus.com ; Discussion of precise voltage measurement ; Discussion
of precise voltage measurement
Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Rotek 320 AC/DC Calibrator

Thanks John, appreciated, not sure if they are similar as the unit is
in transit and not in my possession, its a boat anchor.  Will let
you'all know the status after a thorough evaluation.  Still doing
'discovery' and getting as much info as possible.

>From a volt nuts perspective, for other readers, calibrators may
have very stable references in single digit ppm, and maybe an option
instead of build your own reference, plus they may come with built in
KV dividers, precision AC oscillators etc., that alone maybe worth
the whole kaboodle.  Some are dirt cheap, as low as free except
postage, others not so.

At 05:49 PM 8/2/2013, J. Forster wrote:
>I'm not certain it's the same model, but the one I'm familiar with was in
>a Wamco (formica) case, maybe 10" x 12" x 8" with some colored binding
>posts. They has a little glass 'thermal convertor' about the size of a
>pecan. The rest of the box was precision resistors and high quality
>(Shallcross ?) switches.
>
>There were a bunch of part-built ones surplused in the Boston area in the
>late 1970s. Internally they had plexi panels with 0.1% and .01% resistors,
>in decade values as I remember.
>
>If that's the puppy, I know nothing more. I still have some of the parts
>put away somewhere. I never had any paperwork AFAIK. They may have been
>affiliated with Weston.
>
>If this is not the puppy, never mind.  :)
>
>-John
>
>=============

Sincerely,

Marv
Philadelphia, PA

Marv
Your recent discussion re. the ROTAX , (WESTON-ROTAX) Standard.
I have just "dug out" my Rotax 401A DC Absolute Voltage/Current Standard -
this provides 1.0000 V dc, 1.0185 V dc, 9.9950 V dc.     Current (16v), 7.50
mA, 10.00 mA
It gave very good results when last checked, built like a
proverbial - - - - - . It came from a lab. which was shut some years ago,
and I have no data -  I will be interested if you obtain more information on
these 'old timers'
Roy