[volt-nuts] Leave it on?

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Fri Aug 9 01:27:44 EDT 2013

Since the VS330 is designed to be a portable voltage standard, is it better
to leave it on all the time or not? The manuals for other models don't say,
but they do talk about the short power up time to achieve rated accuracy.
So far, I have left it on.

I know that there are various drifts over time for resistors and other
components. Since this thing has probably aged quite well since it was
manufactured, is this still an issue? I know that drift due to temperature
is another matter (which may be a reason to leave it on).

>From what I can see, the basic circuit is very similar to other EDC models.
There is a non-ovenized zener, a chopper stabilized amplifier and a Kelvin
divider (not Kelvin-Varley). No unobtainium except for that 801 amplifier
module.

Joe Gray
W5JG