[volt-nuts] Fluke 510A

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Fri Aug 9 23:40:46 EDT 2013

I just traded for a 510A AC reference. It puts out 10 VAC. This one is
marked 1000 Hz. Being cautious with such an old piece of gear, I brought it
up slowly on a variac, so as not to blow the filter caps.

Still not having sent off anything for calibration, I attached a 5.5 digit
DMM to the 510A and it reads 09.9945. The DMM hasn't been calibrated in
many years and I'm sure that the 510A hasn't been calibrated in at least 10
or more years (most likely many more, considering where it came from).

I'll probably send the HP 3478A off for calibration after I get paid next
week. Being 6.5 digit and freshly calibrated, it will be interesting to see
how it reads the 510A.

Joe Gray
W5JG