[volt-nuts] Calibration and Certification - Trust and detail

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 02:17:31 EDT 2013

Hi ,
Newer does not mean better. It's not "nuts" level, but my Fluke 8060A 4.5 digit handhelds are more accurate and stable than my newer 89 IV. However most "engineers" would pick up the 89.
I agree with Dave on UK " engineers" For many years I've been a member of the very few groups of engineer in the UK who need a licence to do their job - aircraft, but even that has been diluted since EU regulations came into force. I'm also a Chartered Engineer similar to PE in the USA. As I understand it most US States require you to be a PE before you can do business as an "Engineer". In the UK it's a bloke with an oily rag and big hammer :-(

Robert CEng MRAeS G8RPI