[volt-nuts] Old Weston cells

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Tue Aug 27 00:25:00 EDT 2013

Sorry, no history at all. They were salvaged from old equipment. From what
I read, they are already below their voltage threshold and should be
tossed. I just thought it would be interesting to measure them anyway.

I think the decline rate was supposed to be around 0.08 uV per year, or
something like that.

After the 3457A is calibrated, I will try to track these three cells, even
though they are supposed to be no longer stable. It will be an interesting
exercise and will only cost me a bit of time. If the cells prove to be
unstable, I can always toss them later. I certainly won't be using them as
any type of standard.

I already acquired a Fluke 845A. It needs some attention, but seems to
mostly work.

Joe Gray
W5JG