[volt-nuts] Fluke 732A Questions

R.Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 29 09:39:46 EST 2013

Hi Joe
I also obtained a Fluke 732A back in October last, and I have fitted a new
set of SLA batteries and it is working just fine - I am still very impressed
by its accuracy and stability, and its build quality.
First, the external 3-pin power socket is a HYPERTRONICS 'D' type connector
(female) type 100-166 - but I have not found one to date !
I also expected the temperature monitoring thermistor to give a 3 to 4 K
ohms, as indicated in the manual P/N 645051 dated May 1983 - but I guess
that you have a later model as I do, mine being serial # 4845***, some
modifications were made,and I understand that this included a change of
thermistor, so the standard reading is in keeping with your result. My unit
gives a very stable 4.520 K ohms, being between 4.52080 and 4.52090 K ohms.
Judging by your findings, you are also using the 1983 copy of the User
Manual - we could both use a more up to date issue.
I am awaiting the repair of my 3458A - so I am having to rely upon a
recently calibrated Keithley 2015 and my good old 3456A - but they both give
very impressive results - The Keithley giving 1.000007 volts for the 1 volt
output, and 10.00000 volts for the 10 volt output (how I miss that final
digit).
Looking forward to your further results and any other owners comments.
Best regards

Roy