[volt-nuts] Fluke 732A Questions

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Tue Dec 31 10:56:37 EST 2013

Joe wrote:

>Where did you find the resistance of the thermistor 'as shipped'?  I saw
>mention of being supplied to the original owner when shipped as well

It was recorded on the original factory cal certificate.  I have the
original certificates for two of mine.  The others had rear panel
stickers applied by their original owner (a cal lab).

A properly working, good example should hold 0.1 ppm or better year
in, year out.  I've seen some that do not meet that, but lots of them
do.  I'm not aware of any other non-JJ standard that can match it,
including most 732Bs.  (Some folks think 732As are generally better
than 732Bs because they are older and, thus, more stable because
better aged.  I think there is more to it -- many 732Bs are plenty
old enough to have settled down to that level if they are ever going
to, but even the older 732Bs don't, in general, seem to exhibit quite
the stability of the 732As.)

Best regards,

Charles