[volt-nuts] bits beyond 24 from the ADC

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Sat Feb 2 08:58:19 EST 2013

Hello John,

Yes this PCB is etched by myself.
Good to know that the LTC2440 does behave somewhat different in transferring
the data than my LTC2400.
I have looked to the data and on the LTC2400 all 4 sub LSBs are toggling.

To the 50 or 60 Hz output rate:
The output rate is not necessarily equal to integration time.
When I measure the input of a LT2400 with a oscilloscope,
I see the swiching noise from sigma delta converter
only the 2nd half 80 ms out of  160 ms output rate (configured for 50 Hz).
The first half of the measurement time the input is passive.

I guess that the LTC2400 does a kind of self-calibration every measurement
cycle.
Otherwise he would not have the offset and gain drift specs.

Good also to know that the AD7190 has gaussian noise.
So I will have to look up the two devices for a further ADC.

With best regards

Andreas