[volt-nuts] solartron 7081 rom reading q

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Jan 13 13:21:05 UTC 2013

MK,

I am not aware of a way to read the EPROM's without removing them.  Dave
Partridge has done a lot of work on these along with Mickle, both on the
list.

Dave Partridge's EPROM images are on Didier's site.  I have read the EPROM's
from two of these units, of two different vintages IIRC, and can send them
to you if you need them.  I used the images from one to upgrade the other to
the latest version that I/we know of.

I know that there is an undocumented command for the HP 3458A that allows
you to read the memory but I don't know if the same sort of 'global' access
exists on the 7081.

Joe