[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second (J. L. Trantham)

Bill Ezell wje at quackers.net
Tue Jan 29 16:50:53 EST 2013

On 01/28/2013 12:00 PM,  "David C. Partridge"
<david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk> wrote:

 >I've got a problem with a 7071 which is beeping at me about twice a
second, and also flashes the COMPUTE and DIG FILT LEDs on the front
 >panel at the same rate.

I can't find anything in any versions of my service or operating manuals
that correspond to that failure. I suspect you have a significant
failure in the earthy-side processor board. You replaced your ROMs at
one point, didn't you? I'd try swapping in a new set just to be sure one
didn't die. Otherwise, you've probably got some difficult diagnosing to
do. Can you get anything over the RS-232 link?

--
Bill Ezell
----