[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second

Bill Ezell wje at quackers.net
Wed Jan 30 17:58:49 EST 2013

 > Joe, Looks like you win the prize for remote diagnosis! Disconnecting
PL2 which goes to the keyboard, and it all comes up nicely. What I can
do about that though I am not at all sure ...

That is a remarkable catch.

You can disassemble the front panel quite easily. It could be as simple
as a bad bypass cap, an intermittent short, or, yes, a sticky switch. If
the last, you do have a bit of problem. It might be possible to just
work it a bit and get it to unstick. I don't remember the construction
of the switches, but I have a vague recollection that the flexible
silk-screen button is separate from the actual switch. If so, you can
probably find something that will work. Note also that there are a
number of ICs on the front panel PCB. You could have a bad IC. If, for
example, interrupt is being continually asserted, that could certainly
keep the self-test from completing. (happened to me on a 7061)

--
Bill Ezell
----