[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Jan 31 00:07:36 EST 2013

One other thing.

I presume that when you push the 'DIG-FILT' key, pin 5 and 6 are 'shorted'
when measured on the key board connector.  I think this is what you are
saying but just want to make sure.  If so, then I would conclude that there
is a piece of conductive 'FOD' loose in the keyboard or the key was stuck.
You might want to connect your 'beeping' DMM to indicate a short to pins 5
and 6 from the keyboard then shake the keyboard to see if it will 'beep'
when you get it in the proper position.  If an occasional beep occurs, then
I would try to open the keyboard and clean the connectors.

Joe