[volt-nuts] HP 3458A repair.

John Phillips john.phillips0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 11:45:13 EDT 2013

The meter will be here in a few days. I did buy the ram. As far as the
meter age goes, unless it is a very old hardware revision, I would rather
have an old meter because it is more stable. That is until it brakes.

I do have before and after readings and the 4 readings are the only ones
that failed. The after readings are better than the before readings.
Because the 8 and 10 MHz failed we did not get a certificate but we do have
a good limited calibration up to 2 MHz. Just no official cal.

The cal we wanted was $1600. We will still have to pay that after the
repair.
>From what I can tell they did not run SCAL or the before/after readings
would not have matched. Like they really did not run after readings or
there would have been some mismatch.

John Phillips