[volt-nuts] RE "new" 3458A

Randy Evans randyevans2688 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 00:59:02 EDT 2014

The unit seems to be working so far except for one issue.  After doing an
ACAL, and making sure the Auto Zero is ON,  I short the input leads with a
copper wire shunt across the inputs and the reading is approximately
 -000.0023 mVDC.  That seems rather high.  I would expect the unit to short
the input leads internally and force a zero reading during the ACAL.
Anyone have any comments on this reading?

Thanks,

Randy