[volt-nuts] HP 3458A Mem test 1 hight. How do you read 32K memorychips?

Bill Gold wpgold3637 at att.net
Thu Aug 21 10:33:02 EDT 2014

When I removed the original NVRAM devices and then put in sockets, I plugged
the original devices back in just to see if everything worked.  Apparently
some cal data was lost just desoldering the devices as I got error messages.
It really didn't concern me as I intended to completely recal the meter with
my local "standards" anyhow.  It was hours before I plugged the original
devices back in so they were completely at room temp.  My guess was that
since the date codes were 1992 and I did this in 2010 the batteries were
almost dead after 18 years and just the shock of desoldering caused "the
end".

Bill