[volt-nuts] 732A and Prologix received

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:13:10 EDT 2014

Bill,

I use a lot of the 12v 7ah batteries for my UPS backups and 732B. But yes,
I was mistaken. The 12V 5ah batteries are the ones that I am using in one
of my 732A. There is more play inside the tray with the 12v batteries by
several mm as compared to the 6v which only has a 2-3mm. The 12v conversion
is not difficult, but it is easier if the battery tray has already been
machined for the 12v batteries. The battery tabs don't line up well with
the existing holes and need to be widened. Two additional holes must also
be added.

Sourcing the batteries locally is more of a convenience than waiting for
the delivery. The el-cheapo 6v batteries are a waste of money and I have 8
batteries so far to prove it. They died the first time I had a 6hr outage
and would not hold a charge after that.

Todd